Saturday, March 10, 2007

I'm back in AZ

Hi all,
Sometimes I wonder if these posts ever get read, but then I don't really care. They're more or less a public diary anyway. So even if no one ever posts a comment, I'm sure they do. I made it back to AZ yesterday, and I'm where I apparently belong. Which is ok. I'm happy, I may be sad over my recent breakup, but inside, I'm happy.
How can we be happy and sad at the same time? I'm happy that I'm still myself, I came thru this little interlude without harm, and I'm sad that it didn't work out. I should listen to myself more. I knew it wasn't going to work. So why did I go to the trouble of going 300 miles if I knew it wouldn't work out? Because I had hoped I was wrong. I knew better. Why? Because I am always right, especially about the important things. And while I don't think anyone should give up their friends, because friends are a valued asset, I don't think friends should make judgements without having sufficient information about the other person. I also don't think it's right to ask a person to change who they are just so you will be more comfortable. Hey, if I don't ask you to change, and I can accept you for who you are, why not afford me the same courtesy? It isn't as if my having adhd makes it impossible to have a relationship with. It is hard to have a relationship with anyone with adhd, so I make sure the other person knows what he's getting into. Looks aren't everything, what is inside a person is more important...although I must admit that having a nice 'package' is pretty neat. Looking at what the person is like, rather than how they look, is better criteria for judging as to if you can deal with this person or not.
Blessed be.

No comments: