Monday, December 28, 2009

My brother died today

It's a really hard thing to bear when you get the call that tells you a loved one has died. It's gut wrenching, to say the least. I find myself feeling a little lost, as in "What do I do now?" I know I have to carry on. We had a few good laughs over the years. He was suffering, a lot, the last few years. So he's better off now that's he's passed into the journey known as death. We are all sad and hurt. He's in PHX, and I'm here in NH. I know that I couldn't be there physically with him, so when I went to bed last night around 11:30 or so, I visited him in my mind. I saw myself in the hospice where he was, and talked to him for awhile. I believe that we are where our minds are, in spirit. And that is energy, which everything is made of. It doesn't recognize distance. I hate it that I couldn't see him in person before he passed on. The rest of the family hadn't seen him in 13 years. I wish we could all have said our good byes in person. The last time I was able to talk to him by phone was on Christmas day.
I don't wish to say anymore now. Will update this as time and events permit.
ravnone1

No comments: