Monday, July 30, 2012

Home

Today is July 30th, 2012 and it has been awhile since I wrote in my blog. I used to write daily but then I became busy with other things. Today I was thinking about life in general, and a place called 'home'. I haven't felt like I've had a home of my own for a long, long time. I have been spring cleaning for about two weeks now, and I'm close to being finished.
I have set up one room as a combination office and altar room. One room has been set up as combination art and craft room. I will be sewing, painting, sketching, crafting and making repairs in that room. It seems as if almost everywhere I've lived it just didn't feel like home where I am free to act and do as I want. Here I have total autonomy and freedom to change, repair or re-arrange things as I choose.
There is a difference between a home and a place to hang your hat. Home is where you can't wait to go at the end of the day, while a place to hang your hat can be anywhere. It doesn't matter since it's only where you eat and sleep. Home is also where you feel comfortable. There is something comforting about the word home. I have finally found home, and it has been a hard road.
Home is where you are accepted and loved, regardless of your faults, and maybe because you are human rather than perfect. Regardless of the facade we may (or not) put on when in public, at home we can finally be ourselves. Personally, I believe in being myself regardless of where I am.

No comments: