Sunday, November 10, 2013

HTML 5 Hacks Review




“Hacking might be characterized as ‘an appropriate application of ingenuity’. Whether the result is a quick-and-dirty patchwork job or a carefully crafted work of art, you have to admire the cleverness that went into it.”(MIT hacker Phil Agre)1
I also look at this type of hacking as making something do what you want it to do, or pushing it to the limit. By using this book, you too can learn work arounds for making HTML5 work for you too. There are a bunch of hacks that are truly useful, even if you’re a veteran html programmer.
Back when I started learning to hard code html, people didn’t look at html as a programming language. I did, because I was using a particular language to create a webpage. Sure I used English which is my native language, and it wasn’t assembly language of any other then known programming language. But you still used tags, which by my definition are codes for making something happen. Such as this one,
, which I understand is being phased out, but it means that all the text between and
is a paragraph. That is programming, because I’m telling the interpreter that is built into the web browser, how I want that particular type of text to look on the webpage.
This book covers many hacks for HTML 5 and I truly would like for you to experience the hacks the authors give in this book. I would definitely recommend this book to others. The book looks as good on the Kindle Fire HD as it does in pdf format.
1The Meaning of ‘Hack’ Appendix A. Hacker Folklore

Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026273.do

No comments: