Thursday, March 1, 2007

irony, Linux and other things

Hi ya'll, How ya doing? I decided to take a break from cleaning house. Of course, sometimes a clean house is a sign of a sick mind. LOL Just kidding. Of course if you're a bachelor, it might be. I live in geek heaven. I finally have linux on my pc. I've wanted to run a linux, win 98 machine for a while. I did at one time, then was at a point in my life where that wasn't possible. Now I am again. Yaaa. My laptop hd is now installed in my pc and is working fine, with both linux and win 98. The irony I spoke of. I left WV and came to AZ, met my lifemate online, and am now in NM. I had to do all this in order to meet a guy who is as geeky as me, and is into magick as well. So I gave up quite a lot in order to have both the mate I want, and the OS I want. I miss my kids, my grandkids, and my brothers. That is the sad part of my getting what I wanted. I had to go to another state, 2 in fact, and leave a lot of things behind, in order to get what I want, as well as get to where I want. "I hope this is worth it", some may think. I think it is, in the long run, at least. We all have sacrifices to make in order to get where we want to be. Life may not be fair, but it is just. Although it certainly doesn't seem that way, at times. A network card has been ordered so I can go online with my pc, this one will work with both OSes. And hopefully I can install more memory soon. I'm also studying C++ programming (using Dev-Cpp), web design, FreeBasic, and yes I'm back into studying Magick. This is a good place for me to be right now. So tears and missing my people aside, I'm happy to be me.
Blessings, love and laughter.
ravnone1

No comments: