Monday, March 5, 2007

principles, adhd, moving back to AZ

Hi all,
You ever have anyone expect you to compromise your principles? I do. Boy, is that a pain in the butt. What? We can't have principles anymore? I don't think so. My principles are mine, and they are a code of honor with me, so if you expect me to compromise, think on baby. 'Cause it ain't gonna happen. I've compromised a lot of things in my life; afterall, I am flexible, but enough is enough. Don't ever let anyone make you compromise your principles. Turn the tables and see how far you go. Probably out the door before you know it.
When you have adhd, it is very hard to have a relationship with anyone. Ask anyone who has ever dealt with us, and you'll see what I mean. We feel alienated from society. We have poor social skills. We are looked down upon, as if we are not good enough, or else a mental aberrant. In fact, most of us have superior intelligence. Part of the reason is because everyone else wants us to change, but aren't willing themselves to change. Who needs them to change anyway? I mean, I don't make it a habit of asking someone to change just because I don't like what they are doing or how they are living their life. So who are they to ask me? Yes I have, and I find it doesn't work. For me, or for them. You see, in the long run, being oneself is also about compromise. Once they get you to change to what they think they want you to be, you aren't you anymore, you're someone else. And they still don't like you. If they realized up front they didn't like you, why bother with the charade? There's nothing to gain from it. There's a lot to be said for being adhd, and I happen to be proud to be a part of it. At least it is one way I can retain my individuality. I don't take meds for it, although I do drink a lot of coffee. Been there, done that; and it just doesn't work for me.
I'm going back to AZ sometime this week or weekend. I'm not compromising my principles for anyone. It just doesn't work for me; I like who I am, and I am happy with myself. Hell, despite all the pain I'm feeling over this move, I'm even happy inside. Where it counts. I may not look happy, but I am.
I suppose you may be asking, since I'm a witch, why don't I do something about it. That is between me and the universe. I'll let the universe deal with this one. I've seen from past experience, that when I'm an innocent in something, the universe takes over. I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to do. Justice does prevail. Thank you Nemesis.

No comments: