Friday, July 13, 2007

things I like/love

I've decided to it's time to write a little about things I like/love. I love walking on the beach in the moonlight, alone or with someone special, or even with a friend. But the last beach I was on is in Chatham, MA...and I'm here in Phoenix, AZ. So that leaves, let's see...trips to the mountains, or lakes. Either is fun. While I like occasionally going to flea markets, yard sales, antique shops...because I like admiring the workmanship from the past...I'd much rather be outside, surrounded by nature. This is where I get my strength from. Nature and the Universe. I do practice magick, spelled with a 'K' to differentiate from stage magic such as is done by, say...David Copperfield. I call myself a 'witch' for lack of a better word, but I'm not Wiccan. I'm not Christian either, but I do believe in Jesus Christ. I believe we are all here to learn, and one of the things we learn is how to see the 'god' within each of us...this doesn't mean that we have to accept how people act. I like to paint, draw with charcoal, occasionally play guitar. I also like to write. I like to commune and work with plants and animals. I do stop to talk to nature and thank them for being there and sharing their world with me. I stop to smell the coffee...and the flowers, pheromones, and incense.Life is for living, not just surviving, or existing. Each day should be lived as if it were the last. Yesterday is already gone, tomorrow never comes, and today is always here. I am passionate about love, life in general, about making my life better. I hope I have touched people along the way and made their life better, as several have done to mine. These are good things.I love to see the painted sky during a sunrise or sunset. The way the sun reflects on the water. The beauty of a prism when the sun shines on an ice coated tree limb, or sparkles on the snow. Yeah it's cold...but my god! it's beautiful. I don't do anything by halves, but all the way. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well. I believe in being honest, and having integrity. I also believe friends are a valued asset, and that you don't give up your freedom to choose just because you have someone special in your life, nor do you give up your friends. You don't have to choose to 'cheat' on your mate, not do you have to choose to have them 'play second fiddle' to your friends. A relationship requires work, as does love...both are a full time job. Both require commitment. Life must be balanced if it is to be the way you prefer.As a friend once said...Dance like no one is watching, love like you won't get hurt, work like you don't need the money. I do like to dance and I move to the rhythm of the beat. The beat of my heart, or my mate as well. Life is a beautiful, it's meant to be shared...by a mate, significant other and by friends.I like to play chess, as well as pool...and I love discussing things...metaphysical, mystical, physics...intellectual conversations always stimulate the mind, which in turn stimulate the body. I hate being bored, I refuse to be disrespected. I like me as I am, and what I don't like I'm working on. I don't need a man in my life, but I want a man in my life. There is a difference. I want a companion to do things with, someone who is interested in the things I'm interested in, but I also would like to do the things he likes doing. Like long rides whether on a motorcycle or car/truck. Just hanging out, working on a car/truck or whatever we decide to do that day/evening/night. I do know a little about fixing a car...I used to repair my own when I drove...I know how to fix things around the house as well, that came from working in remodeling. I like to camp and fish...although I've not been fishing in years...too busy raising my kids, who are now married and have kids of their own. I did have the pleasure of an overnight camping trip and I really enjoyed it.
I suppose that's enough.
ravnone1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i knew all that stuff. your an amazing lady and you take the time to enjoy the simpler things in life. That makes you unique...