Saturday, April 5, 2008

life in Ravenna

Hi All,
A friend of my mom says to me one day shortly after I arrived in town, "How do I like it here." "Fine," I say and that I like it better than when I lived in Clay City. He says, "There's nothing to do here," and then tells me, "There use to be a beer joint/pool hall across the street from my mom, 'till they closed it down. There use to be a theatre until they caught people selling drugs and tore it down and put in a parking lot. And there use to be a skating rink, but it's closed down as well. There's no fun at all."
I've been thinking about that conversation, Seems to me as if part of it is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. At any rate, I very seldom go to a beer joint or pool hall, I don't skate, and I've been to maybe 3 movies since "On Deadly Ground" came out in the theaters. I just don't go to movies that often. I have other things I'd rather do. Like take a walk in the mountains or by a lake. Read a book, do research on the web, paint or draw a picture. Play some music or at least listen to music.
Anyway, I find Ravenna a very nice place so far. I like it because it is a small town. I can walk to damn near any place I want to go. If not, I'm sure alternate transportation can be arranged. At any rate, I'm living well and liking it here.
Peace,
ravnone1

No comments: