Monday, October 20, 2008

staying myself

Hi All,
There are an awful lot of people who prefer me to be like them. Apparently. I mean they're manipulative, although, gods forbid they'd ever admit it. I do what I'm supposed to do, and yet they don't reciprocate. But...
they tell me I'll be ok. This is true, but it doesn't make it any less sucky. If I do what I'm supposed to do, where the hell is my incentive to keep doing it if simple requests are waylaid somewhere with a legitimate 'reason'? And even tho people wouldn't admit it, it all comes down to control. I have no desire to control people, just myself. But when I nee/want to do something, I don't think it's right that people use work or family or any other 'reason' to not do what I need or want to do. It isn't as if I'm a pest about it. And, if people really like me as I am, seems to me like they'd stop trying in subtle ways to make me like them. Did you people ever stop to think that maybe I like the way I am?
Sounds like I need to do a little magick to rearrange things in my life. I have nothing against people doing what they want, but I should be able to what I want as well, with the other person. In case you think I'm bitching at you, I'm not. I'm stating a fact. Fact is, I deserve better than this and I'll have what I want. Regardless.
peace,
ravnone1

No comments: