Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Day attack underway

Hi All,

This was posted on WOT, so I'm passing it on.
peace,
ravnone1


Blog

User picture

Valentine's Day attack underway

In the run up to the day that celebrates romance and friendship, the makers of last year's bot Trojan Storm, are busy spreading their version of love. Seems that they want people to "Be My Valentine" more than ever this year.

Valentine spamSecurity companies have issued warnings to avoid new spam messages with subject lines such as “Falling in love with you”, “I belong to you”, and “I love being in love with you.” Once the link in the email is clicked the user is brought to a site that has an image of 12 hearts and has the bold text "Guess, which one is for you?" If you click anywhere on the picture, you give yourself the unromantic gift of malware.

I'd rather have roses or chocolate, wouldn't you?

Trackback URL for this post:

http://www.mywot.com/en/trackback/1906

No comments: