Friday, March 27, 2009

waxing philisophical?...perhaps

Hi,
I just want to talk a little. Or alot. I sometimes wonder about the way things are. I believe the government is supposed to be 'by the people, for the people, and of the people.' It hasn't been that way for a long time. I'd ask why, and even how. But in my opinion, it's easy to answer. The people are/were too gullible and perhaps even lazy or too scared to put a stop to all the nonsense.
Now...before anyone jumps down my throat about any of that, read the rest if you will.
We as a people, the majority have been fed lies by the few, and because they were often better educated, we believed them. Then there's always the people who threaten their way into office. Yes I believe it, even if I don't have proof. This is still the land of the free and home of the brave. As to the 'lazy' part of the statement, most people would prefer to let others make the decisions for them. If you don't think that's so, then ask yourself this: Why the hell are we in this mess then?
I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are.
Pretty soon, if we keep on the track we're on, not only will the economy and ecology be worse, but Big Brother will be asking each person who we screwed and how many times as if that is any of their business.
I know people who bitch because I smoke. As long as people put toxins in the soil, water, air, and put trash in the earth (landfills) and in the ocean....don't even bother bitching about cigarettes. Besides which, preservatives in our food, fluoride (which is rat poison) in our water and toothpaste, cause cancer. Artificial sweeteners cause cancer. Etc. Therefore, why wonder about smoking? And last I heard, politicians (some of them) smoke cigars, and yet they have the audacity to raise taxes on cigarettes and want the FDA to regulate the tobacco industry.
Personally I get tired of hearing all the crap the politicians put out. The rules and regulations for our own good, etc. Some rules are good. But sometimes they take things too far. I'd like the people to stop being so many sheeple. Think for themselves, damnit!!! I know they're capable of doing so, they just need people to stop telling them they don't know what's best for themselves. Like homeschooling. Some parents prefer to not send their kids to public school, and I can't say as I blame them. Especially since they started the "dumbing down of America" a few years ago.
OK, I guess that's enough bitching for now.
peace,
ravnone1

No comments: