Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Redneck with knowledge!!!

Yeah I created this today...and here's why.
I am a woman, I do know how to fix quite a few things, and if I don't, I know where to get the knowledge. The cable guy came by this morning, asking about a call he says I made yesterday. I didn't call yesterday, it was Sunday. I've already fixed the problem by now. So he wants to check it anyway, so I tell him it was a faulty cable which I already switched out. He then proceeds to tell me that I have to make sure it makes a snap sound when I insert the cable. So I proceeded to tell him that I know, and that I took a course to repair computers. He looked upset at that, and then leaves.
Good for me for standing up to the moron. Bad for him for assuming that because I'm a woman, and I'm living in KY that I can't possibly know any of that stuff. Maybe people like him think it's above my abilities to figure out. I am not an idiot, and it's pretty easy if you happen to be a techie and a geek. Same thing to me, but maybe not to some, which is fine with me.
Y'all have a nice day, now, ya hear?
Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Nina Slone has worked at many types of jobs; currently she is editing books and writing articles as well as studying for A+ Certification. While she used to write reviews for O'Reilly's Blogger Review Program, they stopped the program. She likes to paint, draw and sketch. Her favorite tools are charcoal, pencil and oil paint. She loves modern or smooth jazz and many other genres of music. Mother Earth Beat, David Sanborn, David Arkenstone, CCR, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, David Allen Coe, etc. She loves the mountains as well as the ocean. She is a Christian, and lives her life accordingly.

Google+ Badge