Monday, September 2, 2013

Head First HTML5 Programming Review



  I love this book! It is written in such a manner that I retain what I read, as if it is written just for me. You can’t ask for more than that from an author. Their way of going about teaching you is, in my opinion, the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is written in a conversational style, with graphics which evoke emotions. This helps you to retain what you read, because as the authors say, “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
If I didn’t know better, I would swear that these authors were somewhere watching me as I learn so as to learn how I learn best. Or, at the very least, were interviewing me as to my personal style of learning.
I am deeply grateful for authors who take into consideration the ‘how’ of the way we learn. I was just reading through the book and the more I read, the more I want to read it. This is saying a lot about a ‘technical’ book. I have ADHD and if it’s written in a dry, boring manner, I find it hard to follow and almost impossible to retain, which just goes to show that the authors know what they’re talking about. I also love the conversational style they have adopted. This is another point in their favor; it is much easier to ‘follow a conversation than to listen to a lecture.’
Bottom line is that I would definitely recommend this book to others.

Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920010906.do
 

No comments: