Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blend Master Class Review





Blend Master Class Review

This book is a real pleasure to read, and it walks you through the various programs and explains how to use them. I’ve always been interested in 3D as well as animation, but wasn’t sure which programs were the best to use. Now I know, thanks to this book!
Chapter by chapter you are led though making three projects, from beginning to fleshing them out. Following his examples, one may expand on the themes and make their own 3D creations.
From there, the sky’s the limit. I went to the Gimp website, downloaded and installed it. I also went to the Blender website and downloaded it, after which I installed it and I had no problem with either program. I actually opened up Blender and played around with it a little bit. I have a grandson who is interested in 3D and gave him the links for Gimp and Blender. We are going to create 3D scenes and creatures and give each other feedback to see how we are doing.
In the event that Blender Master Class piques your interest in 3D creation, whether it’s creatures, scenes, movies or games, you can go further with this as there is more than ample documentation for Blender as well as Gimp. There are tutorials as well. Both programs have forums or communities I believe.
Bottom line is that I would recommend this book to anyone.




No comments: