Monday, October 28, 2013

Review for Write Your First Book



If you have ever wanted to write a book but wasn’t sure how to get started, this is the book you need to read. Do the exercises Mr. Garner has included in the book for you. I promise you won’t be sorry.
As an example he says to “…starting with one word that defines your story, then to write 5 bullets, 25 descriptive sentences, the synopsis, and outline and ultimately the first draft.” Now having ADHD, I thought he meant to write 5 bullets and then 25 descriptive. After sending him the document, he explained that he meant to write 5 bullets and then 5 descriptive sentences for each bullet. That makes more sense, but that is just how I think. I’m something of a literalist when I read something.
I have been corresponding with Dean because I wanted to be one of the 100 volunteers he was looking for, and now I find myself being a case study. This is good for me because I will learn a bunch of things about myself. One of the most important things is do I have what it takes to stick with writing that first book. So far and it’s been great.
So if you want to learn what it takes to write that first book, then you really should buy this book, read it, do the exercises and apply yourself. I would, and have recommended this book to others. There are 2 links in this review. The first takes you to the product page to buy the book, and the second one takes you to the forum on Amazon to read his statement and explains about the 100 volunteers.






No comments: