Thursday, October 24, 2013

Developing with PDF Review



Just by looking at the Table of Contents of Developing with PDF, I knew I didn’t know diddly squat about PDF. Oh sure, I’ve used it to read PDF documents, as well to save Word documents in this particular format. But I didn’t know how to create a new PDF document, even though I have Adobe Acrobat Pro, which is part of the Adobe Master Collection CS4, which I acquired while attending school at ITT-Tech.

Mr. Rosenthol covers it all; syntax, imaging model, images, text and navigation to mention just a few items from the Table of Contents. I didn’t know, for instance, that you can embed files such as multimedia and 3D into a PDF document. I didn’t know about annotations, acroforms, metadata or standards. Looks like I have a lot of reading and catching up to do.
I truly appreciate Mr. Rosenthol’s effort to teach us what we need to know about PDF documents. Regardless of whether you use Adobe Acrobat for professional reasons, for reading and just want to know more about it and how it works or you intend to code and want to know more, this book is for you.

Many people use programs without understanding anything about it. I think if you want to get more use from programs, regardless of whether it is free or cost a bundle, then you owe it to yourself to educate yourself it. When we understand something, we usually get more use out of it. Isn’t that the end reason for acquiring a program to begin with? We acquired it so that we can use it to the fullest extent of our ability. Otherwise, regardless of whether it is free or bought, it just takes up space on your hard drive and gathers dust.
I would definitely recommend this book to others.



Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920025269.do


No comments: