Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Web for Everyone Review



I have to admit, right off the track that I don’t always take disabilities into consideration, even though I have a disability as well. While this is certainly embarrassing, it’s not a bad thing to admit it that I’ve been doing this all wrong. I like to think it just makes me a better person, personally as well as business wise. The reason I just told you about this shortcoming of mine, which I promise to not practice anymore, is because too many people don’t take accessibility into consideration.
Look, I need all the help I can get while I’m designing websites, writing for a client (or myself), and especially while I'm learning. I wish they would make this book the standard for any school that teaches web design. It has a nice, steady flow, and it’s also a fast read. One of the best thing about it is that it gives plenty of examples so you can actually see what it’s like to have accessibility issues. While I thought about their abilities, it never occurred to me to think about their aptitude or attitude. I also hate to admit that I just didn’t think about it. While it’s hard to admit this, it does help me to think more thoroughly about accessibility. I am truly grateful for this book. I would recommend this book to any web designer, writer or developer. This book, if we take the time to read it and apply its principles, can make us a better programmer, designer or writer.

Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781933820972.do




Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Nina Slone has worked at many types of jobs; currently she is editing books and writing articles as well as studying for A+ Certification. While she used to write reviews for O'Reilly's Blogger Review Program, they stopped the program. She likes to paint, draw and sketch. Her favorite tools are charcoal, pencil and oil paint. She loves modern or smooth jazz and many other genres of music. Mother Earth Beat, David Sanborn, David Arkenstone, CCR, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, David Allen Coe, etc. She loves the mountains as well as the ocean. She is a Christian, and lives her life accordingly.

Google+ Badge