Saturday, January 18, 2014

Business Matters Review



I’ve been using various methods to bolster my business, and while I’m not always right, I’m not always wrong either. For instance, I’m on Elance as a freelancer, I also have a free account with Brandyourself. I have shared my Brandyourself profile on my Blog, as well as on Twitter. I recently updated my profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Brandyourself, and Elance.
I am also in the midst of creating a more professional portfolio on my website pointing to graphics I’ve made, articles I’ve written and websites I’ve designed. I’m also updating my ‘about me’ webpage. SEO is another thing to consider when you are creating a website for your business. For instance, I want the search engines to find me easier, so I have included my name in the title of my webpage, at least on the ones I’m updating, and since I’m updating them all, it means that my name will be on each page, once I’m done.
All these things can help you to grow in any economy by helping you to find more potential customers. This book is indeed “A freelancer's guide to business success in any economy”. The author also points out certain warning signs that a particular client might not be a good client to work for. She even speaks about Craigslist. One of the things she talks about is Certification. This is something I intend to pursue once I have more experience under my belt. Oh, I have a lot of experience, but now that we’re into HTML5 and CSS3, I think I need to learn a little more.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in freelancing. You should also be aware that even if you’re not a freelancer, this book would also benefit you. As a business owner, perhaps you are ready to expand and would like to hire a few independent contractors, or even take on a few more clients. This book is invaluable to anyone concerned with business.


Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781937434236.do


No comments: