Friday, March 13, 2015

Back to square one, or two, or three...

Where do I go from here? Where is 'here' might be an even better question to be answered first. 'Here' is where I am today. I will continue to study the Bible and Theology, as well as for the A+ certification. I still have all the books I ordered, and there is a wonderful, free, Bible program called WORDsearch Basic. There are many free books as well as various translations of the Bible, although I personally prefer the KJV. There are plenty of videos, such as those by Chuck Missler among others, that teach the Bible, both from scientific and theological views.

I have always been fascinated by the Bible, and the many mysteries it holds. I have also always been interested in computers (among other things) and how they work. I have been involved with computers since 1989 when I first signed up for a basic programming course and ended up with GW-Basic. Soon, I moved to tinkering with fixing things when there wasn't anyone else to call upon and I also started stretching my wings to learn other languages, such as C and then C++.
Unfortunately, I moved back to WV, where some people, being the idiots they were/are, think women couldn't possibly be involved with computers and programming. After all, that's a man's forte. I have family who call me whenever they or their kids have computer problems. As a matter of a fact, I had one case where one of my grandsons accidentally ended up on a website and had the FBI ransomeware installed on his RCA tablet. By phone, with my daughter and her older son doing the physical work, I walked them through getting rid of that garbage. I had to search for the manual for the tablet, but I found it, thanks to Google. Yay!

Therefore, I will also start studying the material and taking tests to get myself back to par so that I can pass the 801and the 802 test. It almost feels as if I'm starting over again, but that is because I have been working mostly with laptops and/or tablets since that is what we all have. They are such fascinating things, aren't they?

On another, let's talk about scams. Especially those who prey on lonely, vulnerable people. I know someone who caught up in this type of scam. Personally i wish the person of the other end would just either drop dead, or get caught with enough evidence that they would go to jail without bail and have to stay in jail for a very long time. Frankly, I fail to see why the NSA, FBI or other acronym (no insult intended) can't put a stop to these scams. People lose a lot things; money, self-respect, they keep on hoping this person who claims to be a soul mate and who claims to love you so much, will hurry up and 'come home.' Look people, it ain't happening. They are after one thing, and one thing only. Money. Here's a link to tell you more about it. I wish people would just wake up, and look for red flags that what they are looking at is a scam.

I guess that's enough for now. Especially since I don't post on here much and haven't for a long time. Maybe I'll get back into it if I have time.

No comments: