Monday, January 23, 2017

Unseen Realm Review


When I was growing up, I had so may questions about the Bible, among other things, that my favorite was "Why?" It seemed as if most people didn't have any answer, not even a guess as to why a thing was. I honestly think that sometimes, my parents, among others almost hated to see me coming because they just knew that I had questions.

So you can imagine my surprise and extreme excitement when I heard about Michael S. Heiser. At first, when I listened to part of a video, I thought BS! But then, I thought, wait a minute! I haven't even given him a chance so do I know he's wrong? So I went back, and man oh man am I glad I did. I have since bought 5 of his books.
I didn't realize it at first, but Supernatural and Unseen Realm are very similar, the difference being that Unseen Realm is for those with a more scholarly bent, and Supernatural is more for the lay person. I kept it rather than returning it for a refund because there might be something there for me. I'm still working on Unseen Realm, along with watching his videos and reading other books of his that I have.
For instance, he talks about Psalms 82:6 as well as John 10:34. I kept thinking about these passages from different points of view and none of them worked for me based on the context. Mike has a very good explanation which fits the way it should.
So if you have questions about things in the Bible that just seem to be out of place. You're ready and all of a sudden here's this verse that just jumps out of you and it's like, what the heck is that doing here? What does this mean? The Bible, I personally believe is written in layers, kinda like an onion. The deeper it gets, the more meat there is to eat. If you too have questions, read some of Mike's books, or articles on his blog, and watch his videos. They're very formative. And while Mike is a scholar, he  has a sense of humor and best of all, he doesn't talk down to people. That is very important to me.
Happy reading!



No comments: