Thursday, February 21, 2008

relationships, etc.

Hi All,
I want to talk a little about relationships. First, a quote from "The Book of Secrets" by Deepak Chopra, on page 204:
"You can't have a relationship with someone you don't pay attention to, an in your relationship with the Universe, attention is paid here and now, or not at all. In fact, there is no universe except the one you perceive right now. So to relate to the universe, you must focus on what lies in front of you. As one spiritual teacher said, "The wholeness of creation is needed to bring about the present moment.""
I borrowed this book from the library, and while I'm not saying that the man is the 'be all and end all' of anything, his writings hold some truth for me. On many levels.
One of which is personal relationships. I have a habit of interrupting people when they talk, sometimes it is because I need clarification, and also because of teh ADHD. This is rude, and I will do my best to stop doing this. I should listen more. I have a very dear friend who puts his attention on me whenever we are together, whether it's on a trip to the mountains, a phone call, or just visiting at his home, which I haven't done for awhile. He knows what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that you should only focus on the other person in your life, but I am saying that you can't have any kind of relationship without paying attention. Imagine if you were driving a vehicle and stopped paying attention, there would be wrecks everywhere. (To you who don't know what a 'wreck' is, it's a vehicle accident. Yep, sure did, had someone to ask me a few years ago, what a wreck is.)
I'm not saying you should spend all your time with the person you love, or the one who claims to love you. I'm saying that you can't spend all your time with others, and none or very little with the other person in your life. Another way of putting it is, you grow together or you grow apart. I no longer care as much for the person I'm with at this time, which is one of the reasons I'm leaving. I matter in a relationship or I don't belong there. If you're so busy being with everyone but me, and you don't want to talk to me, then I don't belong there.
I learned a long time ago to enjoy my own company, and to be alone with being lonely. I have many mental activities that I enjoy immensely, as well as physical things that I also enjoy doing.
Now as to the Universe, or any other being, we are in a relationship with it. If you are 'religious', or not, you may also have a relationship with God/Goddess. But if you never pay attention to them, you're missing a lot. It's like trying to have a conversation with someone who isn't listening to a word.
I guess that's all for now.
peace,
ravnone1

No comments: