Sunday, August 25, 2013

Placing the Suspect Behind the Keyboard Review



 I have had a hard time trying to write this review, not because of the way the book is written, but rather I had a hard time putting my thoughts in order for this project. I like the way the book is written, and had no problems reading it on my Kindle. Believe me, there are books I’ve had to return for a refund because of illegibility.
Placing the Suspect Behind the Keyboard is great for those who wish to learn forensic science in order to learn how to catch the subject and make sure it isn’t the victim or an unsuspecting third party, such as if someone were to loan their PC to someone else.
Personally I allow no one to use my PC. That is just my preference. There are so many cybercrimes being committed in today's’ digital world that we should all be given an enlightening class in cybercrimes. Perhaps then we would be better prepared if someone did steal our laptops, net books, Macs, etc. It might even help in the case of identity theft.
There are many kinds of cybercrimes being committed on a daily bases, and I would rather someone read this book among others and investigate it right than to think someone else did it than to catch the real culprit.
I found the book to be informative and rather interesting, even though it is written in novelistic, technical manner.

No comments: