Saturday, October 12, 2013

Letting Go of the Words Review



Regardless of what type of writing you do, this is definitely the book for you. This book explains how to write content that will actually work for you. Sometimes good content is a good way of optimizing your website. I personally believe you can apply this book to just about any type of writing.
The author gives several case studies in this book which you can use as examples. I like this book, and since I write reviews and articles for the web, I will certainly be using it as a reference.
Writing in a conversational style engages your visitors’ I am personally guilty of. Instead of saying exactly what the link goes to, I will sometimes use More or More Info for a link. If you don’t know what you’re going to read more info about, why should you click on the link. I will have to go back and fix my links, as well as choose my colors carefully, and especially make sure that the visited link does in fact change color, so my visitors know they have already been to that particular web page.
I also realize from reading that I really need to rewrite my articles and that I need to use this book to make them better. It’s like the author takes you by the hand and walks you through the entire process of writing for the web.
I definitely would recommend this book to other people. Do yourself a favor, and get a copy of this book.
Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780123859303.do

No comments: