Monday, February 3, 2014

Building Android Apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript Review



I wrote a review and posted it on both Blogger and Amazon, and one of the people who read it said that I should have focused more on the pros and cons of the book, rather than on PowerShell. OK, maybe he is right. But in my reply, I said that I didn’t see any cons. I will write about cons if there are any, but if I don’t see any, I can’t very well write about them.
This is the 2nd book I now have about creating mobile apps. The authors explain the difference between web apps and native apps. They also talk about animation, client-side data storage, styling (both basic and advanced) as well as many other things we need to know if we want to jump on the bandwagon. I think this is a good thing. The more we know, the better app we can create. They also tell you about PhoneGap which is needed to convert your app to an Android app.
I like the style of the authors’ writing, as it is conversational. For anyone having ADHD, it is easier to follow along. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn about creating Android Apps.



Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022886.do




No comments: