Monday, February 3, 2014

Building Android Apps with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript Review



I wrote a review and posted it on both Blogger and Amazon, and one of the people who read it said that I should have focused more on the pros and cons of the book, rather than on PowerShell. OK, maybe he is right. But in my reply, I said that I didn’t see any cons. I will write about cons if there are any, but if I don’t see any, I can’t very well write about them.
This is the 2nd book I now have about creating mobile apps. The authors explain the difference between web apps and native apps. They also talk about animation, client-side data storage, styling (both basic and advanced) as well as many other things we need to know if we want to jump on the bandwagon. I think this is a good thing. The more we know, the better app we can create. They also tell you about PhoneGap which is needed to convert your app to an Android app.
I like the style of the authors’ writing, as it is conversational. For anyone having ADHD, it is easier to follow along. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn about creating Android Apps.



Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920022886.do




Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

Nina Slone has worked at many types of jobs; currently she is editing books and writing articles as well as studying for A+ Certification. While she used to write reviews for O'Reilly's Blogger Review Program, they stopped the program. She likes to paint, draw and sketch. Her favorite tools are charcoal, pencil and oil paint. She loves modern or smooth jazz and many other genres of music. Mother Earth Beat, David Sanborn, David Arkenstone, CCR, Bob Seger, John Fogerty, David Allen Coe, etc. She loves the mountains as well as the ocean. She is a Christian, and lives her life accordingly.

Google+ Badge