Thursday, February 6, 2014

Windows 7 Administrator's Pocket Consultant Review



Although this book was published in 2010, it still has much validity, especially for those who are still running Windows 7, and have no intention of upgrading to Windows 8.x. It is formatted nicely, and looks good in my Kindle Fire HD. I had no problems viewing any of the pages.
I followed the first two links, both from my Kindle and from my Acrobat Pro and they didn’t work. The link to the authors’ website, however, did work. While I didn’t find any updated material, I did find lots of interesting information.
Ok, back to the book. This book is pretty substantial. It covers everything from installation to deployment, to customization.  It also covers TCP/IP, networks, and troubleshooting. It has an itemized TOC as well as a comprehensive index. I particularly like that because I don’t have time to waste hunting for information, I need to know where to go to find the answers.
While I’m familiar with Windows and have been using it for years, I found things I didn’t know. Things my daughters like to ask when they are having problems with their laptops. I am the go-to person they call when all else fails. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning more about Windows 7.
Link product title to this URL: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780735626997.do

No comments: